The International Basketball Federation (FIBA) has a number of useful resources for coaches, including an awesome free resource of over 100 hours of coaching videos.
- YouTube channel of basketball fundamentals – 125 basketball coaching videos – professional coaches teaching the fundamentals of basketball including Gregg Popovich, Holger Geschwindner and Željko Obradović!
For other coaching resources, view our coaching pages:
If you find any great content online, that could help our coaches/ teams, please let us know and we’ll add it to our pages.
I received this great email the other day from Coach Mac – it doesn’t link to a post, so I’ll quote the whole email …
- They set great screens for their teammates.
- They cut hard regardless of if they’ll receive the basketball or not.
- Slightly pushing off on their opponent before sprinting to set the screen.
- Screen-the-screener actions.
- Faking with their body before exploding out to set the screen.
For more great content, sign up with Coach mac or go to the website http://www.basketballforcoaches.com/
A great article for the “inner coach” in all of us, whether we are coaching a team, our own children or looking to improve our own outlook on life.
How Much Do They Want It? Grit and Growth Mindset
Coach Mac has published a complete coaching guide to the Flex Offense, which he says is “a great offense for all teams from middle school and up.” He loves “this offense because it’s position-less and develops complete basketball players.”
Click on the image below to access the guide.
- Wednesday 30 September: Shooting skills – limited to 20 players
- Thursday 1 October: Concepts of the game – limited to 24 players
Interested people can register on at the All Star Coaching website.
For further information go to Basketball Victoria’s website.
I found another great article for our coaches on building trust with your players – but as a player or a parent, it’s also well worth the read … keep our coaches on their toes!!
If you find a great article you’d like to share with other teams, why don’t you drop me a line at email@example.com