Congratulations to the two very deserving recipients of our 2018 club awards, Marnie Costantini and Daryl Canny, presented at our AGM on August 27th 2018.
Marnie Costantini is the recipient of the 2018 President’s Award, in recognition of outstanding contribution to the club in the Sponsorship and Marketing role. Over the last 2 years Marnie has signed up two major club sponsors and 8 Team Gold sponsors, sponsoring a total of 11 Greenvale teams. Her dedication has secured funds for the club and our kids, and also raised the club’s profile with a strong social media presence and management of merchandise tops for our coaches, team managers and players.
Daryl Canny is the recipient of the 2018 Dina Tomaselli Memorial Award, a vote for Best Club Person in recognition of ongoing efforts, contribution and support of the club. Daryl lobbied the Hume City Council tirelessly across many months for the addition of a second court at the Greenvale Recreation Centre. There is no doubt that if it weren’t for his efforts, GV members would not be enjoying the space and new court facility, and much needed upgrade to the original court, that we have today.
Thank you Daryl and Marnie!
See our website for the 2018/19 Elected Committee Members
Our club members enjoyed presentation day on Sunday 22 March 2015, with a three course lunch, face painting and trophies galore!
This year’s special club award winners are:
- Snezana Glogovac (pictured above) was the worthy recipient of the Dina Tomaselli Memorial Award for her long serving contribution to the club.
- Marianne Gusman and Voula Contin (pictured right), were joint recipients of the President’s Award for their continued contribution to work on the committee, particularly for their enthusiastic organisation of our annual presentation day.
Every player, team manager and coach received their team trophy to acknowledge their efforts in the competitions throughout the 2014-15 year.
And the day would not be complete without lots of prize winners … congratulations to all lucky winners and a big THANKS to all our wonderful sponsors.
- Mantra Hotel – Voucher for a night stay at any Mantra hotel: Kendra Di Pietro
- Buy Direct Warehouse – Maxi RV 2.5kg Fully automatic compact washer: Josephine Fabri
- Melbourne United – Party Pack: Sarah Goga
- Melbourne United – 7 Game Membership: Carmelina Camuglia
- Melbourne United – 1 Registration Rewards Program: Ethan Fowler
- Dino’s Denture Clinic – Mouth guard voucher for up to 3 players per family: Jana Abdelkin
- Dino’s Denture Clinic – Mouth guard voucher for up to 3 players per family: Rachel Borg
- Memorial Dental Clinic – Check, clean, 2 x-rays & Fluoride treatment for 1 family member: Marc Anthony Sofia
- Latrobe Golf Club – 2 x exclusive golf passes: Montana Geddes
- Latrobe Golf Club – 2 x exclusive golf passes: Jay Gusman
- Rebel Sport – $50 Voucher: Aleksandar Glogovac
- Rebel Sport – $50 Voucher: Anthony Mariani
- Rebel Sport – $50 Voucher: Ciara Salama
- Rebel Sport – $50 Voucher: Lee Palmieri
The club is always looking for sponsorship, so if anyone is approached regarding sponsorship, either financial or prize, please pass on the contact details so we can follow up leading up to next year’s presentation. You could also refer generous people to our club sponsor kit.
Two exciting new sponsorships have come our way.
Madison’s Wood Fired Café, sponsors of our coaches and team managers’ tops, have kicked off an exciting sponsorship deal – our Coach’s Award – a weekly award chosen by each coach to recognise a player in the team. The player and family will receive a voucher providing 20% off the total bill when eating in at Madison’s café. Conditions do apply, so see your voucher for details.
Meant 2 Be, the current supplier of our uniforms and club signage, has introduced a program that generates a contribution back to our club. Purchase any product from My Celebration Shop and it will automatically raise funds for us. You can also personalise any items by including your name at no additional charge. Use the Fund Raiser Code GBBC when you check out your purchase. You don’t even need to buy a product with a Grizzlies logo on it! Read more about it here, or visit the celebration shop!
If you can think of other sponsorship opportunities, such as local businesses sponsoring a team’s alternate/training tops so you don’t have to wear those smelly bibs, or supporting the administration of the club, please let us know.