The International Basketball Federation (FIBA) has a number of useful resources for coaches, including an awesome free resource of over 100 hours of coaching videos.
- YouTube channel of basketball fundamentals – 125 basketball coaching videos – professional coaches teaching the fundamentals of basketball including Gregg Popovich, Holger Geschwindner and Željko Obradović!
For other coaching resources, view our coaching pages:
If you find any great content online, that could help our coaches/ teams, please let us know and we’ll add it to our pages.
I received this great email the other day from Coach Mac – it doesn’t link to a post, so I’ll quote the whole email …
- They set great screens for their teammates.
- They cut hard regardless of if they’ll receive the basketball or not.
- Slightly pushing off on their opponent before sprinting to set the screen.
- Screen-the-screener actions.
- Faking with their body before exploding out to set the screen.
For more great content, sign up with Coach mac or go to the website http://www.basketballforcoaches.com/
Basketball is a team game.
Although everyone has their roles, there is one universal responsibility everyone has: be the best teammate you can be.
Being a good teammate is all about the little things, and there are always different aspects you can improve to become a great teammate.
Read more at the following blog post from AUSA Hoops … http://ausahoops.com/7-steps-to-becoming-a-great-teammate/
A great article for the “inner coach” in all of us, whether we are coaching a team, our own children or looking to improve our own outlook on life.
How Much Do They Want It? Grit and Growth Mindset
In a recent post, we announced the upcoming Annual General Meeting for our Greenvale Basketball Club, on Monday 24 August 2015.
As well as the usual business that needs to be undertaken, we will be giving the club members an update on a number of developments, including:
- Hume City Council’s progress on the new basketball court, and
- running our own “Coach our coaches” development program.
Please refer to the following papers in preparation for the meeting:
- Special General Meeting and Annual General Meeting agendas
- Proposed new Club rules of Association and the comparison with the Current Club Rules (also link to Current Club Rules)
- Minutes from last year’s Annual General Meeting
- the Nomination form to join the committee for the upcoming 2015-16 club year.
Please note under our current rules, all nomination forms need to be returned by Monday 17 August 2015, prior to the AGM:
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- by mail to PO Box 2222, Greenvale, Victoria 3059, or
- by hand to one of our current committee members.
We look forward to seeing you all on Monday 24 August to show your support for our club.
Coach Mac has published a complete coaching guide to the Flex Offense, which he says is “a great offense for all teams from middle school and up.” He loves “this offense because it’s position-less and develops complete basketball players.”
Click on the image below to access the guide.
Many of us strive for perfection – this is a quick video to help on the mental side of the game!