Congratulations to the two very deserving recipients of our 2018 club awards, Marnie Costantini and Daryl Canny, presented at our AGM on August 27th 2018.
Marnie Costantini is the recipient of the 2018 President’s Award, in recognition of outstanding contribution to the club in the Sponsorship and Marketing role. Over the last 2 years Marnie has signed up two major club sponsors and 8 Team Gold sponsors, sponsoring a total of 11 Greenvale teams. Her dedication has secured funds for the club and our kids, and also raised the club’s profile with a strong social media presence and management of merchandise tops for our coaches, team managers and players.
Daryl Canny is the recipient of the 2018 Dina Tomaselli Memorial Award, a vote for Best Club Person in recognition of ongoing efforts, contribution and support of the club. Daryl lobbied the Hume City Council tirelessly across many months for the addition of a second court at the Greenvale Recreation Centre. There is no doubt that if it weren’t for his efforts, GV members would not be enjoying the space and new court facility, and much needed upgrade to the original court, that we have today.
Thank you Daryl and Marnie!
See our website for the 2018/19 Elected Committee Members
Our club members enjoyed presentation day on Sunday 22 March 2015, with a three course lunch, face painting and trophies galore!
This year’s special club award winners are:
- Snezana Glogovac (pictured above) was the worthy recipient of the Dina Tomaselli Memorial Award for her long serving contribution to the club.
- Marianne Gusman and Voula Contin (pictured right), were joint recipients of the President’s Award for their continued contribution to work on the committee, particularly for their enthusiastic organisation of our annual presentation day.
Every player, team manager and coach received their team trophy to acknowledge their efforts in the competitions throughout the 2014-15 year.
And the day would not be complete without lots of prize winners … congratulations to all lucky winners and a big THANKS to all our wonderful sponsors.
- Mantra Hotel – Voucher for a night stay at any Mantra hotel: Kendra Di Pietro
- Buy Direct Warehouse – Maxi RV 2.5kg Fully automatic compact washer: Josephine Fabri
- Melbourne United – Party Pack: Sarah Goga
- Melbourne United – 7 Game Membership: Carmelina Camuglia
- Melbourne United – 1 Registration Rewards Program: Ethan Fowler
- Dino’s Denture Clinic – Mouth guard voucher for up to 3 players per family: Jana Abdelkin
- Dino’s Denture Clinic – Mouth guard voucher for up to 3 players per family: Rachel Borg
- Memorial Dental Clinic – Check, clean, 2 x-rays & Fluoride treatment for 1 family member: Marc Anthony Sofia
- Latrobe Golf Club – 2 x exclusive golf passes: Montana Geddes
- Latrobe Golf Club – 2 x exclusive golf passes: Jay Gusman
- Rebel Sport – $50 Voucher: Aleksandar Glogovac
- Rebel Sport – $50 Voucher: Anthony Mariani
- Rebel Sport – $50 Voucher: Ciara Salama
- Rebel Sport – $50 Voucher: Lee Palmieri
The club is always looking for sponsorship, so if anyone is approached regarding sponsorship, either financial or prize, please pass on the contact details so we can follow up leading up to next year’s presentation. You could also refer generous people to our club sponsor kit.
With Presentation Day now less than two weeks away, nominations for this year’s recipient of the Dina Tomaselli Memorial Award will close this Saturday 23rd Feb.
We have already received several nominations, but those of you who are not familiar with the process or have not yet submitted your nomination, please send a quick email to Paul Byron with the person’s name and some words backing the reason for the nomination.
The Dina Tomaselli Award is a perpetual award in recognition of the person voted Best Club Person for their ongoing efforts, contribution & support of the Greenvale Basketball Club. Click here to read about previous recipients.