Summer season will commence Saturday October 14th. See the link below for the season’s dates –
In a recent post, we announced the upcoming Annual General Meeting for our Greenvale Basketball Club, on Monday 24 August 2015.
As well as the usual business that needs to be undertaken, we will be giving the club members an update on a number of developments, including:
- Hume City Council’s progress on the new basketball court, and
- running our own “Coach our coaches” development program.
Please refer to the following papers in preparation for the meeting:
- Special General Meeting and Annual General Meeting agendas
- Proposed new Club rules of Association and the comparison with the Current Club Rules (also link to Current Club Rules)
- Minutes from last year’s Annual General Meeting
- the Nomination form to join the committee for the upcoming 2015-16 club year.
Please note under our current rules, all nomination forms need to be returned by Monday 17 August 2015, prior to the AGM:
- by email to email@example.com, or
- by mail to PO Box 2222, Greenvale, Victoria 3059, or
- by hand to one of our current committee members.
We look forward to seeing you all on Monday 24 August to show your support for our club.
- Wednesday 30 September: Shooting skills – limited to 20 players
- Thursday 1 October: Concepts of the game – limited to 24 players
Interested people can register on at the All Star Coaching website.
We finished the season with a big bang today … Presentation Day – more of that in another post – please send in your photos and any interesting stories to publish.
Back into round 1 of the winter season next weekend, with grading matches on Saturday 5 April, then two weeks off over the school holidays and Easter, starting back with round 2 of grading on Saturday 26 April.
For further details refer to the calendar for the 2014 winter season below, or click on the image for a printable pdf, and don’t forget to go to the Greenvale page on the BBA website for your team game times. All the best for next season.
I would like to take this last opportunity to remind all Coaches and Team Managers of the Greenvale Basketball Club Annual General Meeting which is on this Wednesday 14th August at 7pm at the Greenvale Rec Centre. It would great to see at least one representative from each of our 46 teams there to hear the summary of the past year, and support the election of our new Committee.
Strong participation in Week 1 of the Finals has already seen 17 x GBC teams go through to Grand Finals. Congratulations to those teams, and commiserations to the teams that have finished their finals campaign for the Winter 2013 season.
For the 3 x GBC Under 8 teams playing their last scheduled game this week. Upon the completion of the games, can all players, team officials, family members and supporters please proceed to the Members Bar Area under the Main Stadium seating for formal presentations.
To the 24 x GBC teams participating in week 2 of finals games this Saturday, best of luck. Please refer below for details surrounding this week’s Finals fixturing.
Regards, Paul Byron, Greenvale Basketball Club – President
Click on the image below for a printable pdf version
As the winter winds swirl around us, it is a reminder that our Annual General Meeting is rapidly approaching. We’d love to see you there – Wednesday 14 August from 7-8 pm – for further details, click here.
If you want to get more involved with the club – why not join our committee? Grab a form and send it in by Wednesday 7 August:
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- post to PO Box 2222, Greenvale, Vic 3064, or
- hand to one of our committee members.
Each year we hold an annual general meeting of the club, where we reflect with our members on the success and achievements of the club from the preceding year. It is also an opportunity to look forward to the year ahead and with some significant changes happening within the Broadmeadows Basketball Association and how it engages with us, this upcoming 2013‐14 year should be an exciting one, full of potential for innovation and change.
In looking forward to the year ahead, we will also conduct a refresh of the committee, so are seeking nominations for people to become involved in the club.
This is an invitation to you, as a member of the Greenvale Basketball Club, to attend our Annual General Meeting for 2012‐13.
Wednesday 14 August, 2013 … 7:00 ‐ 8:00 pm
Greenvale Recreation Centre, Barrymore Road, Greenvale
- Are you interested in knowing more about the rules of the game?
- Don’t want to coach, but want to get involved in some other way?
- Want to earn some spare cash on Saturdays?
Whatever the reason, there is no better way to show your interest in improving our competition, than getting involved with the referees.
There will be a Beginners Referee Course hosted by Broadmeadows Basketball Association coming up in July. Your expression of interest can be emailed to email@example.com.
You must be a minimum of 14 years old to participate and the Referee program is very keen to get some mature age people (parents, older siblings etc) interested as well.
Once numbers are confirmed, dates can be set, then further information will be available on the BBA website.
Congratulations to all those people who made the grand finals – your times and venues are attached below.
One very important thing to note for Finals is that Team sheets are written up with the players that qualify only. Regardless of the situation, DO NOT make any additions or changes to Players Names on the game sheet as automatic Team Disqualification could result. If you have any concerns please contact your Registrar or myself if there are any issues. Boy’s U8 to U12 – Lance Corby 0419330941, Boy’s U14 to U19 – Val Ceddia 0417227340 or all Girls – Shane Gillard 0400669714.
A few other things to note regarding Grand Finals are:
- Both Scoring Sheet and Score Board duties are performed by BBA appointed Scorers. As such there is no need for parents or Team Managers to score this week.
- All Grand Finals will be played on an hourly schedule beginning at 8:30am rather than the normal 50 minutes schedule through the regular season.
- Where two Greenvale Teams are playing off in a Grand Final, the team listed first MUST wear the bids to assist the BBA appointed Scorers. This affects the following teams:
- U12 Boys Gunners
- U14 Girls Superstars
- U16 Boys Celtics
- Grand Final timing rules are slightly different to the rest of the season. Following is an outline of the key differences:
- Clock stops on all timeouts – the usual two in 1st half and two in 2nd half are available to be used
- Clock stops on every whistle in the last 3 minutes of the 2nd half
- If the game time is exhausted and the score is drawn, and extra 5 min game time will be played, until a winning result is attained.
Can Team Managers and Coaches please make yourself familiar with these changes to avoid both confusion and angst during the game. I would also suggest you inform your parents and supporters so they are aware of these rulings.
- Formal presentations for U10 ~ U14 are to be conducted in the Bar Area under the BRM1 main seating
- Formal Presentations for U16 ~ U19 will be conducted on their playing court directly after their games
In closing, good luck to the 23 teams that made Grand Finals and looking forward to see you all on Sunday 3rd March for the annual Greenvale Basketball Club Presentation Day.
Click on the above link for a printable version.