Our club members enjoyed presentation day on Sunday 22 March 2015, with a three course lunch, face painting and trophies galore!
This year’s special club award winners are:
- Snezana Glogovac (pictured above) was the worthy recipient of the Dina Tomaselli Memorial Award for her long serving contribution to the club.
- Marianne Gusman and Voula Contin (pictured right), were joint recipients of the President’s Award for their continued contribution to work on the committee, particularly for their enthusiastic organisation of our annual presentation day.
Every player, team manager and coach received their team trophy to acknowledge their efforts in the competitions throughout the 2014-15 year.
And the day would not be complete without lots of prize winners … congratulations to all lucky winners and a big THANKS to all our wonderful sponsors.
- Mantra Hotel – Voucher for a night stay at any Mantra hotel: Kendra Di Pietro
- Buy Direct Warehouse – Maxi RV 2.5kg Fully automatic compact washer: Josephine Fabri
- Melbourne United – Party Pack: Sarah Goga
- Melbourne United – 7 Game Membership: Carmelina Camuglia
- Melbourne United – 1 Registration Rewards Program: Ethan Fowler
- Dino’s Denture Clinic – Mouth guard voucher for up to 3 players per family: Jana Abdelkin
- Dino’s Denture Clinic – Mouth guard voucher for up to 3 players per family: Rachel Borg
- Memorial Dental Clinic – Check, clean, 2 x-rays & Fluoride treatment for 1 family member: Marc Anthony Sofia
- Latrobe Golf Club – 2 x exclusive golf passes: Montana Geddes
- Latrobe Golf Club – 2 x exclusive golf passes: Jay Gusman
- Rebel Sport – $50 Voucher: Aleksandar Glogovac
- Rebel Sport – $50 Voucher: Anthony Mariani
- Rebel Sport – $50 Voucher: Ciara Salama
- Rebel Sport – $50 Voucher: Lee Palmieri
The club is always looking for sponsorship, so if anyone is approached regarding sponsorship, either financial or prize, please pass on the contact details so we can follow up leading up to next year’s presentation. You could also refer generous people to our club sponsor kit.
The BBA are now producing a regular email newsletter … if you wish to receive or contribute to it, please email Alan Davidson.
I would like to take this last opportunity to remind all Coaches and Team Managers of the Greenvale Basketball Club Annual General Meeting which is on this Wednesday 14th August at 7pm at the Greenvale Rec Centre. It would great to see at least one representative from each of our 46 teams there to hear the summary of the past year, and support the election of our new Committee.
Strong participation in Week 1 of the Finals has already seen 17 x GBC teams go through to Grand Finals. Congratulations to those teams, and commiserations to the teams that have finished their finals campaign for the Winter 2013 season.
For the 3 x GBC Under 8 teams playing their last scheduled game this week. Upon the completion of the games, can all players, team officials, family members and supporters please proceed to the Members Bar Area under the Main Stadium seating for formal presentations.
To the 24 x GBC teams participating in week 2 of finals games this Saturday, best of luck. Please refer below for details surrounding this week’s Finals fixturing.
Regards, Paul Byron, Greenvale Basketball Club – President
Click on the image below for a printable pdf version
Each year we hold an annual general meeting of the club, where we reflect with our members on the success and achievements of the club from the preceding year. It is also an opportunity to look forward to the year ahead and with some significant changes happening within the Broadmeadows Basketball Association and how it engages with us, this upcoming 2013‐14 year should be an exciting one, full of potential for innovation and change.
In looking forward to the year ahead, we will also conduct a refresh of the committee, so are seeking nominations for people to become involved in the club.
This is an invitation to you, as a member of the Greenvale Basketball Club, to attend our Annual General Meeting for 2012‐13.
Wednesday 14 August, 2013 … 7:00 ‐ 8:00 pm
Greenvale Recreation Centre, Barrymore Road, Greenvale
Click on the following for more details:
With Presentation Day now less than two weeks away, nominations for this year’s recipient of the Dina Tomaselli Memorial Award will close this Saturday 23rd Feb.
We have already received several nominations, but those of you who are not familiar with the process or have not yet submitted your nomination, please send a quick email to Paul Byron with the person’s name and some words backing the reason for the nomination.
The Dina Tomaselli Award is a perpetual award in recognition of the person voted Best Club Person for their ongoing efforts, contribution & support of the Greenvale Basketball Club. Click here to read about previous recipients.
The Under 19 Gems are very proud of their firsts …
- it was the Gem’s first Grand Final win ever, with Isabella Tomaselli and Tayla Love two of the original players from the Under 8s, and
- the first Grand Final win for Coach Lou Celea.
Congratulations to the team – well done!
The Under 12 A Reserve Grand Final was played between two Greenvale teams – the Gunners and the Lions.
Fantastic game by both teams, it was point for point all game with the Lions winning in the last few seconds of the game.
Basketball can be many things to many people and today’s finals effort by all was also a photographic inspiration to one of our young players .. Brendon from the Under 16s Sharks. Take a look at his work.
Does basketball inspire you in art form or other ways? Why don’t you share it with us?