We had a fantastic response to our Team Manager and Coaches’ meeting on Tuesday night this week ~ 70+ turned up and some positive feedback has been received about the night ~ most people learnt at least one new thing to help in managing our club. Some of the topics covered, include:
- an update on our club financials, including how teams’ efforts contribute to the successful annual presentation day
- lots of info from Wendy Parsons, our Junior Domestic Coordinator from the Broadmeadows Basketball Association (BBA)
- covered a number of club policies – such as the Club Code of Conduct and our Team Manager and Coach duty statements
- Working with Children (WWC) Check – it is a new policy of our club that all Team Managers, Coaches and Club Committee Members undertake a WWC Check – please contact us for more information or pick up a form at your local post office, and make sure you complete the final step and link your card with the Greenvale Grizzlies Basketball Club
- the importance of sharing scoring task amongst team parents and the upcoming Scoring Clinic on 5 June – please make sure as many of your team members attend as possible – remember we have a scoring guide on this site
- reminded everyone the great resources on this website, including coach and team manager resources, such as the links on the drills, training and plays page
- reiterated the desire to have as many team members, including our children to enter your email address to sign up to this website and Like our Facebook page, to make sure we can communicate as efficiently as possible. If you have any great web content such as videos or basketball resources, we would love to add to the site. We also launched our new Social Media Policy
- fundraising – talked about the importance of our annual Chocolate Drive and outlined two other fundraising programs – the Rebel Sports program and the launch of Meant 2 Be Celebration shop – both programs benefiting you as well as bringing financial contributions coming back to the club.
- we also encouraged everyone to think about other sponsorship opportunities, such as local businesses sponsoring a team’s alternate/training tops so you don’t have to wear those smelly bibs, or supporting the administration of the club. Look out for a great new sponsorship initiative from one of our current sponsors, Madison’s Restaurant in Westmeadows.
If you need any further information, please do not hesitate in exploring our website or contacting one of the following key club contacts:
- New postal address: P.O. Box 2222, Greenvale, Vic 3059
- Girls’ registrar, Shane Gillard
- Junior boys’ registrar and uniform coordinator, Lance Corby
- Senior boys’ registrar, Val Ceddia
- President, Paul Byron or Vice-President Alf Tomaselli
- Treasurer, Robert Malcolm
- Secretary, web manager and Working with Children Check coordinator, Deb Barron
- Fundraising coordinator, Vince Cassar
A big Grizzlies thanks to everyone who attended the meeting and making it such as successful night. Don’t forget the Annual General Meeting of the club will be conducted shortly – another opportunity to contribute and support in the management of our club.