As has been stated on a number of occasions, the domestic clubs are the lifeline of any basketball association and our representative successes are largely due to the strength of the underpinning domestic competitions made up from these clubs.
As a way to say thank-you for everyone’s continued support, the Broadmeadows Basketball Association has invited all members of Greenvale Grizzlies domestic basketball club to attend this Sundays (July 19th) Big V Championship double header with both teams playing Sherbrooke (Women tip off 1pm, Men at 3pm).
All players, coaches & team managers wearing Greenvale club apparel will be admitted for free.
With both teams qualified for finals seats will fill up quickly, so please arrive early to ensure a seat.
Our club members enjoyed presentation day on Sunday 22 March 2015, with a three course lunch, face painting and trophies galore!
This year’s special club award winners are:
- Snezana Glogovac (pictured above) was the worthy recipient of the Dina Tomaselli Memorial Award for her long serving contribution to the club.
- Marianne Gusman and Voula Contin (pictured right), were joint recipients of the President’s Award for their continued contribution to work on the committee, particularly for their enthusiastic organisation of our annual presentation day.
Every player, team manager and coach received their team trophy to acknowledge their efforts in the competitions throughout the 2014-15 year.
And the day would not be complete without lots of prize winners … congratulations to all lucky winners and a big THANKS to all our wonderful sponsors.
- Mantra Hotel – Voucher for a night stay at any Mantra hotel: Kendra Di Pietro
- Buy Direct Warehouse – Maxi RV 2.5kg Fully automatic compact washer: Josephine Fabri
- Melbourne United – Party Pack: Sarah Goga
- Melbourne United – 7 Game Membership: Carmelina Camuglia
- Melbourne United – 1 Registration Rewards Program: Ethan Fowler
- Dino’s Denture Clinic – Mouth guard voucher for up to 3 players per family: Jana Abdelkin
- Dino’s Denture Clinic – Mouth guard voucher for up to 3 players per family: Rachel Borg
- Memorial Dental Clinic – Check, clean, 2 x-rays & Fluoride treatment for 1 family member: Marc Anthony Sofia
- Latrobe Golf Club – 2 x exclusive golf passes: Montana Geddes
- Latrobe Golf Club – 2 x exclusive golf passes: Jay Gusman
- Rebel Sport – $50 Voucher: Aleksandar Glogovac
- Rebel Sport – $50 Voucher: Anthony Mariani
- Rebel Sport – $50 Voucher: Ciara Salama
- Rebel Sport – $50 Voucher: Lee Palmieri
The club is always looking for sponsorship, so if anyone is approached regarding sponsorship, either financial or prize, please pass on the contact details so we can follow up leading up to next year’s presentation. You could also refer generous people to our club sponsor kit.
Does your team want some extra practice during the September holidays? Here is a great opportunity to get match practice close to home – entry for domestic teams only.
Click on the flyer below for the entry form.
FREE Mens BigV Championship Practice Game Vs Melbourne Tigers
See the Hume City Broncos Men in a free practice match Vs Melbourne Tigers this Tuesday (17th Feb) at Broadmeadows Basketball Stadium.
Tip Off 7:30pm
Updated …. apologies for confusing people …
All the best to our teams in finals over the next three weeks.
We have three weeks of finals:
- This week parents still need to score and keep time.
- Next week official scorekeepers will be on the bench marking the scoresheet. A representative from each team will still be required to operate the clock – please agree with the other team beforehand, whether you will share the task for the whole game or swap over at half time.
- Grand finals there will be an official scorekeeper and a referee on the scorebench.
A reminder that if you are on the scorebench, you are undertaking an important job – please:
- concentrate and do everything you can to eliminate potential distractions, and
- be impartial and refrain from barracking for your team.
Timing rules are the same this week as they have been for all fixtured rounds, that is:
- Two time outs, each of one (1) minute duration, are allowed per team for each 20 minute half.
- No time outs are allowed in the last two (2) minutes of the first half.
- Clock does not stop in the first half at all.
- Clock stops in the last three (3) minutes of the second half, but only for:
- time outs
- foul shots.
Please respect the job of those on the scorebench and allow them to focus on the game – including refraining from approaching the bench to request the clock be stopped – and refreshing yourself and your team’s supporters of the timing rules (refer to Broadmeadows website).
A reminder that our club’s Annual General Meeting is on next Tuesday 12 August at the Greenvale Recreation Centre, kicking off at 7pm.
It would be fantastic if each team could have a representative (or more) attend. Also, if you have the time, transferable skills and want to show your commitment to our club, please consider taking a role on the committee or encouraging and nominating someone you feel that can make a contribution.
Check out our previous post for all the details.
On behalf of the outgoing committee, I look forward to seeing you there.
Today we received our Greenvale Basketball Club photos from Kangaroo Photos.
Distribution will be at the Greenvale Recreation Centre tomorrow night (Thursday the 24 July) between 6.00 pm and 7.30 pm.
Please ensure that a representative of your team attends the Rec Centre during that time to collect your team’s photos.
Thanks for your help and we look forward to seeing you tomorrow night.
- on Tuesday 12 August, 2014,
- from 7-8pm
- at the Greenvale Recreation Centre, Barrymore Road, Greenvale.
During the Special General Meeting, a vote will be conducted on the adoption of new Club Rules of Association in accordance with the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012.
The Annual General Meeting will follow immediately afterwards and will include the election of officers and ordinary members to our club committee for the 2014-15 year.
On behalf of the club committee, I encourage you to show your commitment to the success of our great club and we look forward to seeing you on 12 August.
- 2014 August 12 – 2013-14 AGM invitation
- Adaptation of the Model rules for an incorporated association – Final draft for club vote
- Comparison of draft new rules to the current rules
- Proxy voting form 2014
- AGM Committee nomination form 2014-15
The Aussie Hoops program is an initiative aimed at introducing children aged between 5-10 years to the fundamental skills of basketball while having fun. It is sponsored and managed by Basketball Australia, Victoria and Broadmeadows Basketball Association.
The coaches are highly experienced and qualified and from past experiences the children have a lot of fun while they are learning.
Parents can simply register easily on line by inserting the Broadmeadows postcode when prompted.
Click on the flyer below or the following link for further information.