We strive for excellence in basketball and as a meaningful community organisation, improving the future for our local youth. We value our people and motivate them to have fun, develop and respect themselves and others.
Two weeks ago on Monday 24 August 2015, we held our Annual General Meeting.
The President acknowledged the long and dedicated service to club from two outgoing committee members – Lance Corby and Robert Malcolm, both of whom have contributed to the club in varied ways over many many years – thanks guys!
Our new committee was elected, then we heard updates on:
- the upcoming new court construction at the Greenvale Rec Centre,
- a ‘pilot’ coaches development program being developed in-house, and
- new club branded hoodies (grey are for the club officials so you can see us when you need us on game day – black are for club members and supporters), which you can purchase through your team manager.
As we near the end of both the domestic and representative (rep) seasons, the try-outs for the Bronco rep teams for next season are also rapidly approaching. Click on the image below for a printable PDF version of the dates.
BBA is offering free Representative Preparation Skills Clinics for domestic players born between 2001-2006, who are not currently playing MUVJBL (rep) basketball.
Sessions will be conducted on Mondays from 4-5 pm at Broadmeadows Basketball Stadium. Players can register for the FREE sessions by emailing email@example.com the following details:
- Date of birth
- Current domestic team (eg U14 Boys SU2)
Click on the image below for a printable PDF version of the clinic dates.
Should you require any further details about the try-outs or the Bronco rep program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s Big V finals time and Broadmeadows’ two women’s teams are on track for more success.
The championship women face Ringwood this Saturday night at 6:30pm at Broadmeadows in a qualifying final, with the winner going straight through to the grand final. This is a rematch of both the 2013 and 2014 grand finals.
Then on Sunday, the Broadmeadows’ youth league women play in the grand final at Broadmeadows at 1pm vs Warrandyte. The majority of Broadmeadows’ youth league women are home grown from the domestic clubs.
Click on the images above for PDF versions of the details.
Both games will be action packed and great basketball to watch, so make sure you get involved in what will be a great weekend of Big V basketball at Broadmeadows.
See Australia’s best young talent, Ben Simmons, and his highly rated US College LSU take on CTI Melbourne United at Hisense Arena for FREE.
Basketball Victoria is giving you the opportunity to secure tickets ahead of the general public.
A limited number of these General Admission tickets will be made available to the Basketball Victoria Community who register first. Once the ticket allocation is exhausted or the pre-registration window has closed, remaining fans will enter a ballot for the remaining General Admission tickets.
SATURDAY 22 AUGUST 7:00 PM
In a recent post, we announced the upcoming Annual General Meeting for our Greenvale Basketball Club, on Monday 24 August 2015.
As well as the usual business that needs to be undertaken, we will be giving the club members an update on a number of developments, including:
- Hume City Council’s progress on the new basketball court, and
- running our own “Coach our coaches” development program.
Please refer to the following papers in preparation for the meeting:
- Special General Meeting and Annual General Meeting agendas
- Proposed new Club rules of Association and the comparison with the Current Club Rules (also link to Current Club Rules)
- Minutes from last year’s Annual General Meeting
- the Nomination form to join the committee for the upcoming 2015-16 club year.
Please note under our current rules, all nomination forms need to be returned by Monday 17 August 2015, prior to the AGM:
- by email to email@example.com, or
- by mail to PO Box 2222, Greenvale, Victoria 3059, or
- by hand to one of our current committee members.
We look forward to seeing you all on Monday 24 August to show your support for our club.
It’s that time of year again, time for the Greenvale Basketball Club’s annual general meeting. As a club we have had another successful year, both on and off the court. We have introduced a number of new players, teams and parents to the game of basketball and we now have almost 50 teams that participate each week representing our club. That equates to approximately 400 children playing domestic basketball for Greenvale. Of course this doesn’t happen without the support of volunteers and in particular those that give up some of their time to be a part of our committee.
Over the past 5 years we have had the same group of people step forward and run our committee ensuring that all of our kids get onto the court each week. And although that same core group have done a fantastic job, it’s time to prepare for the future.
- Wednesday 30 September: Shooting skills – limited to 20 players
- Thursday 1 October: Concepts of the game – limited to 24 players
Interested people can register on at the All Star Coaching website.
For further information go to Basketball Victoria’s website.