Updated …. apologies for confusing people …
All the best to our teams in finals over the next three weeks.
We have three weeks of finals:
- This week parents still need to score and keep time.
- Next week official scorekeepers will be on the bench marking the scoresheet. A representative from each team will still be required to operate the clock – please agree with the other team beforehand, whether you will share the task for the whole game or swap over at half time.
- Grand finals there will be an official scorekeeper and a referee on the scorebench.
A reminder that if you are on the scorebench, you are undertaking an important job – please:
- concentrate and do everything you can to eliminate potential distractions, and
- be impartial and refrain from barracking for your team.
Timing rules are the same this week as they have been for all fixtured rounds, that is:
- Two time outs, each of one (1) minute duration, are allowed per team for each 20 minute half.
- No time outs are allowed in the last two (2) minutes of the first half.
- Clock does not stop in the first half at all.
- Clock stops in the last three (3) minutes of the second half, but only for:
- time outs
- foul shots.
Please respect the job of those on the scorebench and allow them to focus on the game – including refraining from approaching the bench to request the clock be stopped – and refreshing yourself and your team’s supporters of the timing rules (refer to Broadmeadows website).