Congratulations to all those people who made the grand finals – your times and venues are attached below.
One very important thing to note for Finals is that Team sheets are written up with the players that qualify only. Regardless of the situation, DO NOT make any additions or changes to Players Names on the game sheet as automatic Team Disqualification could result. If you have any concerns please contact your Registrar or myself if there are any issues. Boy’s U8 to U12 – Lance Corby 0419330941, Boy’s U14 to U19 – Val Ceddia 0417227340 or all Girls – Shane Gillard 0400669714.
A few other things to note regarding Grand Finals are:
- Both Scoring Sheet and Score Board duties are performed by BBA appointed Scorers. As such there is no need for parents or Team Managers to score this week.
- All Grand Finals will be played on an hourly schedule beginning at 8:30am rather than the normal 50 minutes schedule through the regular season.
- Where two Greenvale Teams are playing off in a Grand Final, the team listed first MUST wear the bids to assist the BBA appointed Scorers. This affects the following teams:
- U12 Boys Gunners
- U14 Girls Superstars
- U16 Boys Celtics
- Grand Final timing rules are slightly different to the rest of the season. Following is an outline of the key differences:
- Clock stops on all timeouts – the usual two in 1st half and two in 2nd half are available to be used
- Clock stops on every whistle in the last 3 minutes of the 2nd half
- If the game time is exhausted and the score is drawn, and extra 5 min game time will be played, until a winning result is attained.
Can Team Managers and Coaches please make yourself familiar with these changes to avoid both confusion and angst during the game. I would also suggest you inform your parents and supporters so they are aware of these rulings.
- Formal presentations for U10 ~ U14 are to be conducted in the Bar Area under the BRM1 main seating
- Formal Presentations for U16 ~ U19 will be conducted on their playing court directly after their games
In closing, good luck to the 23 teams that made Grand Finals and looking forward to see you all on Sunday 3rd March for the annual Greenvale Basketball Club Presentation Day.
Click on the above link for a printable version.