The team that gets the most rebounds nearly always wins! Here are a few hints and tips to make rebounding count.
- “Block out” – make contact.
- “Hands near ears !”
- Watch the ball – anticipate where it is going to go !
- Jump high – jump stop !
- 75% of rebounds bounce the opposite side from where the shot was taken !
- Grab the ball like you really want it !
- Once you’ve got it protect it – pull it in, elbows wide !
- After an offensive rebound – power the shot straight back up – power lay-up is the only shot I don’t mind you using two hands.
- After a defensive rebound – look for an outlet pass to the wing or dribble the ball out.
Check out this Monster Rebound Drill from Shot Science Basketball on YouTube.