Sponsored and supported by Basketball Victoria , Disability Sport & Recreation and the Broadmeadows Basketball Association, we would like to invite all of our coaches, players and parents to attend and get an insight into coaching Wheelchair Basketball.
This introductory course is scheduled for 4 May and will focus on the basic skills of coaching.
Venue: Court 1 – Broadmeadows Basketball Stadium Dimboola Road.
Duration: 3 Hours
Time: 1.00 pm – 4.00 pm
Register Now! Call Robert on: 0417 313 382 or the Stadium on: 0428477321, or email email@example.com
Please also refer to the attached BBA calendar for further coaches’ development sessions during 2014, including a Coaching Basketball ‘102’ for intermediate coaching skills.
From early April 2014, cardholders who are required to renew their WWC Check will no longer need to go to Australia Post to lodge a paper form and present their current card.
Welcome back to the new year. As you may know, our competition starts again this weekend. Refer to the Greenvale teams page for your match times for Saturday.
Training does resume this week, however please be mindful of the health and safety of our players and abide by our Heat Policy <click here to read>.
Take care out there and good luck for the rest of the season – remembering we have an extra couple of games this time before finals start, to bring the season into line with our school terms.
Getting ready for next season, our new club policy is for all our team managers, coaches and committee members to have their Working with Children Check up-to-date and have Greenvale Basketball Club associated with their details. Once you have your card, you can do all those updates online, now.
On the Working with Children Check website, take the “Update your details” link and you’ll get the following page …
Click the button half way down the page and you’ll get a login page … if you haven’t logged in before, or forgotten your details, there are links for that … once in, make sure you have Greenvale Grizzlies listed as an organisation – if not, you can add it as an organisation …
Remember our address is PO Box 2222, Greenvale, Vic 3059.
Two exciting new sponsorships have come our way.
Madison’s Wood Fired Café, sponsors of our coaches and team managers’ tops, have kicked off an exciting sponsorship deal – our Coach’s Award – a weekly award chosen by each coach to recognise a player in the team. The player and family will receive a voucher providing 20% off the total bill when eating in at Madison’s café. Conditions do apply, so see your voucher for details.
Meant 2 Be, the current supplier of our uniforms and club signage, has introduced a program that generates a contribution back to our club. Purchase any product from My Celebration Shop and it will automatically raise funds for us. You can also personalise any items by including your name at no additional charge. Use the Fund Raiser Code GBBC when you check out your purchase. You don’t even need to buy a product with a Grizzlies logo on it! Read more about it here, or visit the celebration shop!
If you can think of other sponsorship opportunities, such as local businesses sponsoring a team’s alternate/training tops so you don’t have to wear those smelly bibs, or supporting the administration of the club, please let us know.
We had a fantastic response to our Team Manager and Coaches’ meeting on Tuesday night this week ~ 70+ turned up and some positive feedback has been received about the night ~ most people learnt at least one new thing to help in managing our club. Some of the topics covered, include:
- an update on our club financials, including how teams’ efforts contribute to the successful annual presentation day
- lots of info from Wendy Parsons, our Junior Domestic Coordinator from the Broadmeadows Basketball Association (BBA)
- covered a number of club policies – such as the Club Code of Conduct and our Team Manager and Coach duty statements
- Working with Children (WWC) Check – it is a new policy of our club that all Team Managers, Coaches and Club Committee Members undertake a WWC Check – please contact us for more information or pick up a form at your local post office, and make sure you complete the final step and link your card with the Greenvale Grizzlies Basketball Club
- the importance of sharing scoring task amongst team parents and the upcoming Scoring Clinic on 5 June – please make sure as many of your team members attend as possible – remember we have a scoring guide on this site
- reminded everyone the great resources on this website, including coach and team manager resources, such as the links on the drills, training and plays page
- reiterated the desire to have as many team members, including our children to enter your email address to sign up to this website and Like our Facebook page, to make sure we can communicate as efficiently as possible. If you have any great web content such as videos or basketball resources, we would love to add to the site. We also launched our new Social Media Policy
- fundraising – talked about the importance of our annual Chocolate Drive and outlined two other fundraising programs – the Rebel Sports program and the launch of Meant 2 Be Celebration shop – both programs benefiting you as well as bringing financial contributions coming back to the club.
- we also encouraged everyone to think about other sponsorship opportunities, such as local businesses sponsoring a team’s alternate/training tops so you don’t have to wear those smelly bibs, or supporting the administration of the club. Look out for a great new sponsorship initiative from one of our current sponsors, Madison’s Restaurant in Westmeadows.
If you need any further information, please do not hesitate in exploring our website or contacting one of the following key club contacts:
- New postal address: P.O. Box 2222, Greenvale, Vic 3059
- Girls’ registrar, Shane Gillard
- Junior boys’ registrar and uniform coordinator, Lance Corby
- Senior boys’ registrar, Val Ceddia
- President, Paul Byron or Vice-President Alf Tomaselli
- Treasurer, Robert Malcolm
- Secretary, web manager and Working with Children Check coordinator, Deb Barron
- Fundraising coordinator, Vince Cassar
A big Grizzlies thanks to everyone who attended the meeting and making it such as successful night. Don’t forget the Annual General Meeting of the club will be conducted shortly – another opportunity to contribute and support in the management of our club.
We have a coach that has offered up his time to support teams on grand final day this Saturday … if there are any coaches needing assistance this Sat, Tim Mckenzie is free to lend a hand in any way he can. Tim’s number is 0468-467-291.
Thanks Tim – with such a fantastic community spirit, no wonder we are such a strong and vibrant club!